+ Cars of the Honda Civic and Acura Integra brand
+ Maintenance instruction
- Routine maintenance
Schedule of routine maintenance
General information about settings and adjustments
Check of levels of liquids (each 400 km of run or weekly)
Check of a condition of tires and pressure of their rating (each 400 km of run or weekly)
Check of level of liquid of the power steering (each 4 800 km of run or time in three months)
Check of the ATF AT/CVT level (each 4 800 km of run or time in three months)
Replacement of motive oil and oil filter (each 4 800 km of run or time in three months)
Check of a state and replacement of brushes of screen wipers (each 12 000 km of run or time in 6 months)
Check, service and charging of the battery (each 12 000 km of run or time in 6 months)
Check of a state, adjustment of effort of a tension and replacement of driving belts, (each 12 000 km of run or time in 6 months)
Check of a state and replacement of the hoses located in a motive compartment (each 12 000 km of run or times in 6 months)
Check of a condition of components of the cooling system (each 12 000 km of run or time in 6 months)
Rotation of wheels (each 12 000 km of run or time in 6 months)
Check of brake system (each 12 000 km of run or time in 6 months)
Check of a condition of seat belts (each 24 000 km of run or time in 12 months)
Check and adjustment of gaps of valves (each 24 000 km of run or time in 12 months)
Replacement of the filtering air cleaner element (each 24 000 km of run or times in two years)
Check of a condition of components of a power supply system (each 24 000 km of run or time in 12 months)
Check of level of the RKPP transmission oil (each 24 000 km of run or time in 12 months)
Survey of components of a suspension bracket and steering drive, check of a condition of protective covers of power shafts
Check of a condition of components of system of production of the fulfilled gases (each 9600 km of run or times in 6 months)
Check of a state and replacement of spark plugs
Check of a state and replacement of VV of candle wires, a cover and the runner of the distributor (each 48 000 km of run or time in 24 months)
Check and replacement of the valve of system of the operated ventilation of a case (PCV) (each 48 000 km of run or times in 24 months)
Replacement of the fuel filter (each 48 000 km of run or time in 24 months)
Check and adjustment of turns of idling (each 48 000 km of run or time in 24 months)
Service of the cooling system (depletion, washing and filling) (each 48 000 km of run or time in 24 months)
Replacement of brake fluid (each 48 000 km of run or time in 24 months)
Replacement of liquid of automatic transmission (AT/CVT) (each 48 000 km of run or time in 24 months)
Replacement of the RKPP transmission oil (each 48 000 km of run or time in 24 months)
Dumping of the counter of the indicator of intervals of service
+ Cooling system and heating
+ Power supply system and release
+ Electric equipment of the engine
+ Control systems of the engine
+ gear shifting Box
+ Coupling and power shafts
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
Replacement of motive oil and oil filter (each 4 800 km of run or time in three months) Regular and rather frequent performance of replacement of motive oil is one of the main procedures of preventive maintenance of the car lying within qualification of the average amateur mechanic. Eventually motive oil is subject to aging that is shown in its gradual fluidifying and pollution conducting to premature wear of internal components of the engine.
Tool kit, necessary for replacement of motive oil and oil filter
1. Drain capacity — has to be superficial and rather wide to minimize probability of spilling of oil on the earth.
2. Rubber gloves — will help to protect hands from burns at inevitable hit of oil on them during a reversing of a drain stopper of the pallet of a case.
3. The collar — sometimes a drain stopper is tightened rather hardly that demands considerable effort at its reversing.
4. The replaceable face head — is applied together with a collar or the drive equipped with a ratchet at a reversing of a drain stopper, has to correspond to the last by the size.
5. The tape key — allows to turn out a full-line oil filter in the conditions of access limited to it.
6. The special cap key — puts on on an end face of the filter and can then rotate by means of a collar or the ratchet drive, has to answer the filter case by the size.
|1. Prepare all necessary tools and materials (see an illustration above). Also stock up with enough old newspapers or rags for collecting the spilled oil.
2. For the purpose of providing a free access to the pallet of a case and to an oil filter lift the car the winch, or and establish to its poddomkratta it on props.
Do not perform any works under the car which is propped up only under a bumper or the lifted situation withheld in only as a jack at all!
3. Get under the car and examine an arrangement of a drain stopper of the pallet of a case and an oil filter. Remember that the power unit and components of system of production of the fulfilled gases during the whole time of performance of procedure will remain rather hot – think over the scheme of safe manipulations with hands to avoid casual contact with the warmed surfaces.
4. Warm up the engine up to the normal working temperature – hot oil possesses bigger fluidity and better washes away slime and rainfall. Use the compelled idle time to spread out all necessary tools and materials in a convenient order. Kill the engine and uncover a mouth of the gulf of oil on a cover of a head of cylinders.
5. Make sure of reliability of fixing of the car in the lifted situation.
6. Get under the car and establish drain capacity under the boat pallet, having taken into account that fact that at the first moment oil will follow through an opening with a decent pressure. Trying not to touch the warmed surfaces of the power unit and components of system of production of the fulfilled gases, turn out a drain stopper from the lower part of the pallet of a case (see an accompanying illustration). Depending on temperature of oil it is possible to use rubber gloves or to refuse them at a final stage of a reversing of a stopper.
7. Allow oil to flow down freely in capacity. In process of weakening of a pressure of a stream move capacity as appropriate.
8. After oil stops following from an engine case, wipe a drain stopper pure rags – to it can podlipnut small metal sawdust which will immediately lead to pollution of fresh oil.
9. Wipe a pallet surface round a drain opening, screw a stopper and strongly tighten it a wrench (whenever possible – dinamometrichesky).
10. Move drain capacity under an oil filter.
11. By means of one of types of special keys weaken the filter (see an accompanying illustration). In the course of a reversing the case of the filter can be damaged that has no special value in case of its unambiguous replacement (in the latter case the old filter for a reversing can be pierced simply a big screw-driver – prepare for collecting the spilled oil). Manually finally turn out the filter from the block – remember that in it some amount of oil which should be let out in drain capacity continues to remain. Make sure that rubber sealing laying was removed together with the filter if is not present, separate it from an engine block surface.
12. Pure rags carefully wipe a landing surface of the filter on the block. Once again make sure that old laying did not remain on the engine, in case of need use a scraper.
13. Make sure that the new filter corresponds on the standard size removed from the car. Grease rubber sealing laying of the new filter with a thin layer of pure motive oil (see an accompanying illustration). Screw the new filter in the engine, observing the direction of rotation specified by an arrow on its case. In order to avoid damage of laying do not apply any keys to a tightening of an oil filter. After the filter nestles laying on a surface of the block hold on it on 3/4 turns.
14. Take all tools and materials from under the car – try not to overturn drain capacity. Lower the car on the earth.
15. Fill in fresh oil in a reception mouth of the engine – for the purpose of minimization of losses use a funnel. Wait some minutes, having allowed oil to flow down in the pallet, then check its level on the measuring probe (see Check of levels of liquids (each 400 km of run or weekly)). If level is above the lower mark in a probe edge, start the engine, having provided circulation of fresh oil.
16. Having allowed the engine to work within about a minute, again muffle it and at once glance under the car, whether checking there are no leaks through a drain stopper and the full-line filter. In case of need tighten the component which is a little allowing leaks.
17. After fresh oil protsirkulirovat on the engine, there was a final filling of a new oil filter. Now it is necessary to check again the level of oil and in case of need to add still its some quantity, having brought level to the top mark in a probe edge.
18. During the first several trips after change of motive oil try to check its level as often as possible.
19. The fulfilled oil merged from the engine is not subject to the secondary use and has to be handed over on special place of acceptance. Do not merge working off on the earth at all or in the sewerage – pour it in hermetically closed container and at the first opportunity hand over.