|1. Remember that violations of functioning of system of a charge are far not necessarily connected with failures of the generator. First of all always make the following elementary checks:
a) Check a condition of wires of the battery in places of their connection them to plugs of the last. Check reliability of fastening of terminal clips;
b) Check a condition of the battery (see Check of a state and replacement of the battery). In case of need make recharge of the last, or replace it new;
c) Check a condition of an electrical wiring and electric connections of the generator and regulator of tension;
d) Check a state and effort of a tension of a driving belt of the generator (see the Head Routine maintenance). In case of need make replacement;
e) Check reliability of a tightening of bolts of fastening of the generator;
f) Start the engine and estimate intensity of the noise background published by the generator;
g) At the corresponding complete set check a condition of fusible inserts in the assembly block in a motive compartment of the car (see the Head Onboard electric equipment). If any of inserts failed, make investigation and elimination of the reasons of an overload;
h) Check serviceability of functioning of a control lamp of a charge in an instrument guard of the engine. At the included ignition and not working engine the lamp has to burn. Otherwise disconnect the 4-contact socket from the back party of the generator and ground the plug of its white-blue wire. If the lamp does not join and now, check a condition of a safety lock No. 15 on 7.5 and and filaments actually of a lamp. Also check existence of tension of the battery on the plug No. 1. If tension is present, replace the generator;
i) Check contents of the block of memory of the onboard processor for existence of the codes of malfunctions of system of monitoring electric loadings (ELD) which are written down in it (see the Head of the Control system of the engine).
2. By means of the voltmeter measure tension which is given out by the battery at the killed engine and the disconnected consumers of the electric power (the heater fan, the radio receiver, the lighter, the cooling system fan, etc., etc.). The result of measurement has to make about 12.5 In, or is slightly higher if the engine worked within the last hour.
4. Turn on a driving beam of head headlights, start the K/V voltmeter on the maximum high-speed mode, include heating of back glass and the radio receiver. At normal functioning of system of a charge tension has to fall for a short time, then again to come to a normal operating level about 13.5 Century. If there is a lowering of tension below than to 13 V, therefore serviceability of functioning of system is broken.
3. Start the engine and repeat measurement. With a frequency of rotation of a cranked shaft of 1500 rpm tension has to make 13.8÷14.8 B (see an accompanying illustration).
5. Dump engine turns to the single – tension of a charge should not fall below value in 13 Century.
6. Disconnect everything consumers of the electric power, lift engine turns to value 1600 in a minute and again consider the indication of the voltmeter. Now tension should not rise above value of 15 V (the insignificant deviations in inverse proportion connected with ambient temperature are admissible).
7. Dependence of tension of a charge on turns of the engine and number of the included consumers of the electric power speaks about malfunction of the regulator of tension.
8. At an inadmissible deviation from nominal rate it is necessary to make the corresponding repair of the generator, or to replace the last. If tension of a charge too lowly, and driving belts and the battery are in good repair, replace the generator assembled with the regulator (see Removal and installation of the generator).